Pages

Pageviews last month

Welcome to my blog

you for visiting my blog.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Enjoy Your Work

I was in my basement making my three color pitchers and enjoying it.

It has been 13 years since I began to make pottery.  When I first began I made a few sculpture pieces, then I learned to turn on the wheel.  For many years the learning curve was frustrating. I had to back up from the creativity and just make pottery.   

They say it takes 12 years to be a good potter.  I am sure that is full time and I only make pottery part time, despite that I can now make functional pottery, both hand built and turned on the wheel.   

Now I that I have the function of making pottery down I can get back to being creative.  

As I was making the pitchers and loving it I realized when God has called you to do something it doesn't matter if you make $100,000 or enough to pay for your hobby. Enjoying your work is more important.

My father always said to get a job you love doing as you will spend most of your life doing it.  Too many people have a job to pay the bills. They are not happy and can live a stressful life. I wonder how much better our world would be if everyone worked at what they loved?

No comments: