Pages

Pageviews last month

Welcome to my blog

you for visiting my blog.

Friday, April 1, 2022

Carved Rose Flower Vase

After I turned black clay into this vase I wanted to carve something around it, for a unique vase of my style.  A elegant black vase would have been nice too, but there are many of those.

I am a gardener and love flowers, roses it had to be. 
 
After this vase was almost dry, I painted a white clay slip around it. Slip is liquid clay. Once again, I waited until the slip had no sheen on it, then the carving began. Pottery is often waiting for something to dry, just to the right stage.


 

I drew a picture of a vase with roses, then used it as a guideline to carve this rose vase. Carving is very relaxing for me.



I fired this vase with a clear glaze in my kiln, which brightens and seals the vase. 
 
 

No comments: