Pages

Pageviews last month

Welcome to my blog

you for visiting my blog.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Snot Nose Yarn Bowls


A few years ago I saw quirky pottery yarn bowls.  What a fun item to make.  It has taken me a few years to get around to making them but I finally have made my own style of these snot nose yarn bowls.


I turned a bowl big enough for a skein of yarn.  While it was still pliable I pushed the inside of the bowl out to make eyes, nose and lips.   With more clay, I added big eyelids and more accents. 

This was so much fun because I could make the face as quirky, cross eyed and lopsided as I want, but still keeping the look of a face, like a cartoon.

I wanted a soft coloured skin tone of greens and blues, which I achieved by using my compressor and paint gun to spray on the underglaze colours. I then embellished the eyes and lips with more ceramic underglaze colours.

Like all of my pottery, they were then fired in my kiln to bisque pottery. The final step was dipping them in clear glaze to put the sheen on it, then I fired (baked) them in a hot kiln of about 2900 degrees.



These will make great gifts for mother's day or for yourself.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/685499234/yarn-bowl-pottery-snot-nose-yarn-bowl?ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1


I sell them on Etsy and Facebook or you can email me directly for $75.00plus shipping.  Etsy prices are higher as they have their fees and shipping prices included in the price, something Etsy wanted us to do.  https://www.facebook.com/The-Butlers-Pottery-Photography-236876216352661/?ref=settings

No comments: